[Lazarus] [fpc-pascal] Ruby-scripting for FPC and Lazarus

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Thu Dec 23 10:44:29 CET 2010

On Thu, 23 Dec 2010, Ivan Shikhalev wrote:

> I wrote the packages for Lazarus, allowing to use Ruby 1.8 as a
> scripting engine in Lazarus-programs.
> At the moment, work is just begun, but something than it is already
> possible to use, as supported by published-property and obtain
> component through its owner by name.
>
> I would like to know whether this project will interest anyone else,
> and what will wish.
>
> Address of project: http://github.com/shikhalev/ppruby
> There is also a simple example -- in the subdirectory 'sample'.

Impressive :-)

Any particular reason why you added the version number to most of the filenames ?
As soon as 1.9 (or whatever version) comes out, you'll have to change all filenames ?

I can understand you do it for the low-level files (ruby18.pp), but fail to
see why you would do it for the rest ? It will make it difficult to upgrade.

Michael.