[Lazarus] Directory separator character / or \ for file path differences between Linux, Mac and Windows, etc

Žilvinas Ledas zilvinas.ledas at dict.lt
Tue Dec 28 21:44:32 CET 2010

Hi,

On 2010-12-28 22:30, Peter E Williams wrote:
> Three: Is the a cross-platform function (or procedure) for correcting
> the file path separator character? I believe that there is one.

From
http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/system/directoryseparator.html :

const DirectorySeparator = '/';

    Description

DirectorySeparator is the character used by the current operating system
to separate directory parts in a pathname. This constant is system
dependent, and should not be set.

This constant is part of a set of constants that describe the OS
characteristics. These constants should be used instead of hardcoding OS
characteristics.

Regards
Žilvinas Ledas