[Lazarus] Where is fp ide located on my Mint 10 Linux system (ubuntu based)?

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Wed Dec 29 23:37:55 CET 2010

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 04:52:19AM +1100, Peter Williams wrote:

> You are wrong! Mint 10 is a 100% derivative of Ubuntu Linux. In fact I
> used the Mint 10 package which is based on the Ubuntu 10 OS.

Ubuntu is not supported either. The core Linux distribution is the .tar.gz
distribution agnostic one, the distribution specific building is 3rd party
(though FPC core does Redhat RPM and Debian .deb), but only when downloaded
from the actual FPC site.

if you obtain FPC or Lazarus packages elsewhere, you need to ask that
"elsewhere" for packaging related support.

> Are you seriously trying to tell me that the FPC Team does not answer
> questions about Ubuntu packaging, which is after all the biggest Linux
> distribution.  My understanding is that Mint is the second biggest Linux
> distribution, after Ubuntu (as claimed by the Mint website).

You can always try, but that doesn't make it the most logical place to ask.

> > The FPC team doesn't package for Mint, so this question should move to Mint
> > specific packaging, not to general FPC lists.
>
> Where IS the Mint specific packaging FPC list? Does it even exist?

Mint specific packaging list or forum, unrelated to FPC.

> Information makes the world go around. Not trying to put triangles into
> square holes.  :-) Sometimes it works with a hammer.

It helps if you have the right hole in the first place, otherwise the whole
process is futile.