[Lazarus] Reconstructing Lazarus Website 2: the content

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 09:17:32 CET 2010

Hi,

Just thought I would mention that static pages is probably easier than any
CMS. Applying relatively simple CSS can make it look beautiful without the
need for fancy HTML.

To help with maintaining the website, we have done the following in the
tiOPF project. The HTML content is actually in the SubVersion repository: A
sub project, separate from the tiOPF source code. That way if anybody spots
an error or outdated information, they can simply modify it locally, and
submit a patch.

tiOPF also has a script that runs every 30 minutes. It knows the last used
revision used on the web server. If there are updates in the repository, it
checks-out the new revision and automatically publishes the new changes to
the website. So no need to manually update the website.

Something like this could easily apply to Lazarus too, and it is relatively
little effort to setup. Also designing the website so that in doesn't use
serverside includes etc makes it easier for users to checkout the website
from the repository and simply use a web browser to view the content
locally (no webserver installation required) and make appropriate changes
and review before submitting a website patch.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/