[Lazarus] Reconstructing Lazarus Website 4: the dev tool

Bee Jay bee.ography at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 11:56:36 CET 2010

> If you mean in FPC, count me in :)

 From the content structure that I proposed on the other thread, we
need some applications to accompany the web site.

1. Wiki, it's already available. Maybe we should reconstructure the
content so they could be better categorized.
2. Bug tracker, it's already available using Mantis. Maybe we should
fix the appearance so its theme could fit the new design.
3. Source code browser, it's already available using SVN and ViewVC.
Maybe we should also fix the appearance.
4. Contributed code repo, it's already available through Contributed
Units on FPC site. I think we should build a new one for this using
fpWeb.
5. Code bounty manager, it's not available, only a page on Wiki. I
think we should build a new app for this for more accountable
participants. This app could become a way to boost FPC and Lazarus
development.
6. Online forum, it's already available using SMF. I think we should
build a new one for this using fpWeb in the future.
7. Website CMS, it's not available. But we can use available CMS
engine i.e. Wordpress, Drupal, or Joomla.

The 6 and 7 aren't high priority, they could be optional for now. But,
ideally, to show off the power of FPC on web development, we should
build one by ourselves.

--

-Bee-

...making buzzes at http://twitter.com/beezing