[Lazarus] Reconstructing Lazarus Website 2: the content

Bee Jay bee.ography at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 10:39:10 CET 2010

On Feb 3, 2010, at 4:28 PM, Joost van der Sluis wrote:
> Nice.

Thanks.

> I think that this part should be the same throughout the whole site.

No, the header will be changed according to what content being
displayed on the page. If it's FPC specific, then the header will show
FPC banner. If it's Lazarus specific, then the header will show
Lazarus banner. If it's related to both, there will a banner that
shows FPC and Lazarus combined.

> It tells people on which site they are, and on this site we shoudn't
> stress
> the difference between FreePascal and Lazarus too much. So I would let
> it show 'Lazarus - ....' just as on the home page.

As I said in previous email, the large header on the main portal site
will be an animated banner that will highlight some key features of
both FPC and Lazarus. The changing animated header will also help for
not making the page looks boring and dull.

> The breathcrumb is fine, but I still don't know where I am, because
> there is no 'freepascal' section anywhere. Shoudn't it be 'compiler'?
> ie: Please use the same names in the menus, the sitemap below and the
> breathcrumbs.

Yes, I agree with you. I should be consistent with the naming, whether
"compiler" or "FreePascal" and "IDE" or "Lazarus". I will fix it later.

> And on the right, it shows 'in _this_ section'. Which section is that?
> Maybe better to make it something like 'Other topic in the compiler
> section'?

Section is page group according to the footer bar.

> I like the svn-line. Especially when you mention the latest release
> date, people could think that nothing happens on the project since
> then.
> Showing the latest svn-commit (which is rarely older then 24 hours) is
> then a good idea.

Yes, that's the main idea of the right pane. It should show the
dynamic update of the projects.

--

-Bee-

...making buzzes at http://twitter.com/beezing