[Lazarus] Delphi converter improvements

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 12:19:11 CET 2010

Florian Klaempfl wrote:

> Years of experience with fpc showed that very few people are testing
> such branches. Even rcs aren't intensively tested, just look at the
> resource trouble with fpc 2.4.0

Not to get into all that again (you can read the archives), but SubVersion
doesn't lend itself to easily using branches. So I don't think the problem
is the lack of developers wanting to test new features in other branches,
but rather the effort (and time) forced by the repository system used. I
simply don't have the time to wait 5 minutes for a new branch to be checked
out, to simply find it totally useless, and then wait another 5 minutes to
checkout out the previous branch I was using. Not everybody has super fast
internet or uncapped bandwidth - which such testing with SubVersion would
require.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/