[Lazarus] How to get rid of text in (0,0) in StringGrid?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 23:28:58 CET 2010

On 5 February 2010 00:04, Jesus Reyes <jesusrmx at yahoo.com.mx> wrote:
> As the stringgrid columns support was based on how the columns works
> on dbgrid, it remains consistent that list column do not always
> correspond to physical grid columns.

I do not use DB-aware components at all, so I have no comparison other
than to take your word for it. :-)

If it's by design, then I'm fine with it. It that case, the
documentation for the Cells[] and Columns[] property must clearly
state this rather interesting behaviour.

This brings me to an old argument that Cell[0,0] should rather be the
first user selectable cell/row pair - which means it must exclude any
fixed rows and fixed columns. The current behaviour of Columns[]
property confirms this design. But that's a whole other topic to
discuss. ;-)

> Btw, the column's caption should take precedence when drawing on
> corresponding grid cell.

After I set the fixed row titles via Columns[].Title.Caption, I
painted my content starting at Cells[0,0]. In the end I had double
text over the fixed row. Was this not supposed to happen?  I can
supply a screenshot if that will help explain "double text".

  - Graeme -