[Lazarus] ../packager/frames/; in lazarus.lpi

Juha Manninen juha.manninen at phnet.fi
Fri Feb 5 13:48:20 CET 2010

On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 09:29:55AM +0200, Paul van Helden wrote:
> > I don't see why changing the name. Any Name except for "Pascal
> > RAD-IDE" needs branding => users have to learn to associate it with a
> > pascal RAD-IDE.
> Well, perhaps there are other people that are having the same experience
> as myself: When people ask me what I use for developing my software the
> answer is usually "Free Pascal & Lazarus". The response is /aways/ a
> puzzled look or a pause on the other end of the phone line, but my
> concern is that it doesn't even sound cool.

I always wondered what a snake has to do with a programming language.(*) A
gemstone could at least be associated with quality

(*) there probably is a good blurb about the name python. There is also one
about Lazarus. When it is not instinctive however, it doesn't matter.

So yes to Ruby, no to Python. What about Emerald? It is more precious than
Ruby, provides a nice hook for a colorscheme, and the
Brazilian contributors will be pleased :-)

(or am I the only one that associates emeralds with Brazil?)