[Lazarus] The name is "Free Pascal" and NOT "FreePascal"

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 12:26:56 CET 2010

Bee Jay wrote:

> Does it really matter?

Yes. It's a product name, it needs to be reference correctly.

> prefer "freepascal". Because when you said "free pascal", it doesn't
> automatically refer to FPC. There are some other "free pascal" out

In that case, it must be taken up with Florian so the "official" name of
the product/project must be changed. But I doubt that will happen, so
again, the correct spelling should be used.

If you want to use FPC in the website, then simply state the full name and
mention that the acronym will be used from then onwards.

eg:
 bla bla bla Free Pascal Compiler (FPC from now onwards). FPC is great. :)

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/