[Lazarus] GTK2 EraseBackgound

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Sat Feb 6 09:09:31 CET 2010

On Saturday 06 February 2010 00:05, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 5 February 2010 23:03, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
>
> <felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Yes, you need to mess with Gtk to do it. I would however recommend
> > that you try it with Qt instead.
>
> But that defeats the point of LCL then - not all features work in all
> widgetsets. So you end up having an application that looks or behaves
> different depending on widgetset used (Qt, GTK1, GTK2, Win32, Carbon
> etc.). Consistent cross-platform out the window. :-(

You missed up Felipe's point. He just want to say that qt is better organized
and less buggy (just look at bug tracker, and compare number and type of qt
bugs vs. gtk2 bugs), but of course with one minus that qt needs C bindings
library.
My company live it's life on bussines apps (like yours afaik) and linux is
primary target. Sorry, but gtk2 is crap in it's current state for serious
bussiness applicaton.
I even come to idea to write gtk2ng from stratch, and organize it in a way qt
and carbon are organized.It's an big mess divided into interfaces/gtk &
interfaces/gtk2 dir with bunch of ifdef's.

zeljko