[Lazarus] Lazarus IDE + Qt annoyances

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Sat Feb 6 13:32:57 CET 2010

On Saturday 06 February 2010 13:12, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was told to give feedback on my usage of LCL-Qt, so here goes. I
> simply recompiled Lazarus IDE with LCL-Qt.
>
> I downloaded and used bin-qt4pas-V1.72_Qt4.5.2.tar.gz for the qt4intf
> library. Using Ubuntu 9.04 (32-bit) and Lazarus 0.9.29 (svn updated
> from 2010-02-05).

ok, but what's qt version on that ubuntu ? I suppose 4.5.0 ... which is pretty
buggy.

> * Source Editor window keeps jumping. It jumps to the top left corner
> of the screen after opening every project.

Never seen such problem , using laz everyday, tested on all fedoras and
there's no "jumping"

> * Toolbar buttons with down arrow for dropdown menu. The down arrow is
> not drawn. See attached screenshot.

no screenshoot, but also I don't have such arrow on dropdown menu , so must
recompile into gtk2 to see what have to be there :)

> * Treeview component doesn't point the + symbol to indicate that the
> node can be expanded. It draws an empty rectangle. See attached
> screenshot.

some themes does not draw + symbol on linux (eg. windows theme), dunno why,
problem is inside qt probably (QStylePainter), I'm using plastique with
kde-3.5 and there everything looks ok, also with oxygen theme it looks
correct.

Where are attachments ?

> I'll continue using it for the coming week and report further
> progress. At least the edit cursor issue (always painted it as black)
> is now fixed.

Thanks.