[Lazarus] Lazarus IDE + Qt annoyances

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 15:56:07 CET 2010

On 06/02/2010, Juha Manninen <juha.manninen at phnet.fi> wrote:

>  It is easy to change but still I wonder how can they measure the heights so
>  differently.

My thought too. The only thing I can think of is in my Gnome setup
(global desktop settings), the DPI is forced to 96. Yet my X Window
system reports the dpi otherwise, at 89 DPI.

$ xdpyinfo | grep resolution
  resolution:    89x87 dots per inch

I don't run KDE or any other Qt applications, so I don't know where
you setup the "custom" DPI setting for Qt based applications. Or maybe
Qt looks at the X11 dpi setting.

No to figure out the mission of forcing the whole X11 to 96 DPI, so I
can test again to see if that explains the reason for the difference
in Lazarus source editor.

  - Graeme -