[Lazarus] heaptrc usage misunderstanding or memory leak in TForm

JoshyFun joshyfun at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 16:26:29 CET 2010

Hello Lazarus-List,

RP> I added the unit Heaptrc to my program and there seem to be memory
RP> leaks that i cannot find.
RP> Then I tried to build an "empty" application to see when I introduced
RP> the leaks, however even the following "empty" application seems to
RP> have memory leaks.
RP> To reproduce, just create a new application, add Heaptrc to the uses
RP> clause and run.
RP> I get 64 unfreed blocks.
RP> Can anyone help to understand why?

heaptrc must be the first unit in the .lpr file as it is more or less
a memory manager.

To simplify do not add heaptrc to the uses clause, use the appropiate
setting in the compiler -> linker page of your project.

If you do not show the 64 leaks it would be difficult to track them
down.

--
Best regards,
 JoshyFun