[Lazarus] fpGUI package

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 16:35:30 CET 2010

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 8:25 AM, patspiper <patspiper at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Can any of the lazarus devs shed some light here please? It would be ideal
> to have the best of both worlds.

The idea of having a set of custom drawn components is very
interresting, but we don't have contributors for it at the moment. I
highly doubt that trying to integrate fpgui in this objective will
make it any easier or have a good effect. You surely could copy some
fpgui drawing code, but not much beyond that. No, you won't be able to
use fpgui as is to do that.

Another solution is implementing LCL-fpgui like Graeme said.

> I do not have a lot of time on my hands, but can nevertheless help provided
> I get a few tips (as in hints and not what waiters get).

For the custom drawn set of components:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Developing_with_Graphics#Create_a_custom_control_which_draws_itself

For a new widgetset: http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/LCL_Internals

--