[Lazarus] cannot understand popup menu and form not-closing

JoshyFun joshyfun at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 16:54:39 CET 2010

Hello Lazarus-List,

Monday, February 15, 2010, 10:36:53 AM, you wrote:

RP> I'm using caFree, but the application does not close, unless something
RP> is shown; for example, a "showmessage" box or bettere a Form1.show.
RP> However I set the form to be minimized, not showing in taskbar and
RP> with width=height=0, so it doesn't flash.
RP> But I think it is a workround.

So it looks to something different, but maybe related in some way.

RP> I also tried to handle the WM_SHOWWINDOW, and my routine is actually
RP> called, however the problem is not solved. Maybe I was just reacting
RP> to the message, without "consuming" it. What do you think ?

I doubt that as the comsume of the event is a must which happends with
or without your handle.

RP> Shall I submit a bug report ?

Yes, but it is important in this case to provide a sample application
that raises the bug, either by clicking something (or a sequence of
things to do) or by programatically trigger the unexpected behavior.
Post only the source codes in the bug tracker, not the exe ;)

--
Best regards,
 JoshyFun