[Lazarus] Open project problem in SuSE 11.2 x64

Leslie Kaye les.kaye at couchmansfarm.plus.com
Tue Feb 16 17:28:20 CET 2010

Hello Lazarus-List,

Tuesday, February 16, 2010, 3:30:08 AM, you wrote:

c> The /XXX section names are used (by Windows only I think) if a section
c> name is too long (it's an index to a list of long section names). My

Oh! that's the trick! they are not real names! So using:

strip program.exe --remove-section=.debug_info --remove-section=.debug_abbrev
      --remove-section=.debug_line --remove-section=.debug_frame

Solves my problem. Thank you!

c> objdump translates them to proper names (I have also /4, /16, etc. in
c> the binary file). I have binutils from MinGW project.

I'm using the quite old tdump.exe :) I think its time to create an
alias to objdump.exe instead :)

c> Using FPC 2.5.1 rev. 14833.
c> I don't know which binutils you have, but maybe you should update?

GNU strip 2.9.5
Copyright 1997, 1998, 1999 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

The one that comes with fpc 2.2.4 but I had tested a recent one for 64
bits and I think the problem is the same but I'm not sure 100% so I
must recheck.

Thank you for the help.

--
Best regards,