[Lazarus] Converter files

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Feb 17 10:48:23 CET 2010

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 10:18:47 +0200
Juha Manninen <juha.manninen at phnet.fi> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have got write access to the Lazarus SVN converter directory. Thanks.
> Now, I will need to make changes to other files, like "ide/CheckLFMDlg" which
> is clearly a part of converter although it is in "ide" directory.

It is not part of the converter, but of the form editor. It is the
dialog that pops up when the lfm raises an error in TReader. I
(mis-)used it for the converter, because I was lazy. Some parts can be
shared. A check dfm dialog should have a database for common delphi
properties and how to convert them.

> Could it be moved to converter directory?

A dfm dialog needs another front end with much more options. Maybe the
part searching for non existing properties can be shared.

> Other files to change are "main.pp" and some codetools files, but they don't
> need many changes.

Mattias