[Lazarus] Syntax highlighters for SynEdit

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Feb 17 10:57:17 CET 2010

On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 16:40:17 +0700
Paul Ishenin <webpirat at mail.ru> wrote:

> 17.02.2010 16:26, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> > Note the file sizes. 115K for Pascal syntax highlighting, 79K for SQL, 44K
> > for CSS, 38K for XML etc.  This is crazy!!!  I couldn't find any other
> > editor (that also supports syntax highlighting) with such large files. Also
> > most other editors support external config files loaded at runtime.
> >
> Do you need a fast syntax highlighter with code folding support in a big
> unit or small unit with slow working highlighter which does not supports
> all the pascal syntax and no special features?

The speed difference is dramatic. In synedit the highlighting is
updated in real time.

The highlighter synhighlighterany.pas can be used to define your
highlighter using lists of keywords.
If you need a more flexible any-highlighter, make a proposal.
Then we need a gui or some config files to set it up in the IDE.

Mattias