[Lazarus] Without root rights on Ubuntu, how?

Osvaldo Filho arquivostcf at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 23:42:59 CET 2010

Le Jeudi 18 Février 2010 12:46:51, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> How can one use an alpha channel in TRasterImage/TBitmap?
>
> I am trying to figure out how to use it, but I can't think of any way
> except using TLazIntfImage...
>
> And even then it would be rather problematic because the image drawing
> routines wouldn't have Alpha support.
>
> thanks,
TImage and TRasterImage are components that ease image manipulation. The good
news is that it can support many image format (bmp, jpeg, png and many more).
The bad news is that it can't support features that are not supported by all
the images format it support. As alpha channel are supported by a very few of
them it can't be supported by a generic TBitmap.

To do what you want you can use TPortableNetworkGraphic (for PNG format) in
place of TBitmap. It's nearly the same interface (common parent component)
with PNG format abilities in more (such as alpha channel).

Regards.
--
Geoffray "fatalerrors" Levasseur
http://jeff.levasseur.tuxfamily.org/