[Lazarus] lazarus as normal user

Pino Zollo pinozollo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 19:22:50 CET 2010

Il giovedì 18 febbraio 2010 11:52:25
lazarus-request at lists.lazarus.freepascal.org ha scritto:

Hi Mattias and Petr,
Thanks for helps.

> This is the normal way.
> Maybe you copied the directory /usr/share/lazarus to
> /home/myuser/lazarus?

No, I made it from the distribution file.

> Then the permissions and ownerships were copied
> too. You can change the ownership with:
>
> chown myuser.myuser -R /home/myuser/lazarus
>
> 1. Fix your fpc.cfg
> 2. Fix the ownership of /home/myuser/lazarus
> 3. remove the files in /home/myuser/.lazarus/
> 4. compile lazarus with
> cd /home/myuser/lazarus
> make clean all
> 5. start lazarus with
> ./lazarus
>
> You can setup a desktop item with path
> /home/myuser/lazarus/lazarus
>
> Mattias

I made all those steps but I fall in the same error I had when I tried to
compile lazarus into my home directory, i.e.

-----------------------
Compiling masks.pas
Fatal: Can't find unit Contnrs used by Masks
Fatal: Compilation aborted
make[1]: *** [alllclunits.ppu] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pino/lazarus/lcl'
make: *** [lcl] Error 2
----------------------

Sure I need to put something into fpc.cfg !

At present it has:

-----------------------
# searchpath for units and other system dependent things
-Fu/usr/local/lib/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$fpctarget
-Fu/usr/local/lib/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$fpctarget/*
-Fu/usr/local/lib/fpc/$fpcversion/units/$fpctarget/rtl
#-Fu~/fpc/packages/base/*/units/;~/fpc/fcl/units/;~/fpc/rtl/units/
-----------------------

It is

/usr/local/lib/fpc/2.4.0/units/i386-linux/fcl-base/

that contains Contnrs, so I imagine that fpc.cfg is not properly interpreted
as its second -Fu should include it.

Thanks for you patience

Pino

--

"In the universe there is no time existing as a physical reality,
 there is no past, no present and no future"

Key ID: 0xF6768208
Key fingerprint = B16D 0A7C 5B29 A334 CE6A  71F6 EAF8 3D88 F676 8208
Key server: hkp://wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net