[Lazarus] Bitmap transparency problem (I don t want transparency)

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Sun Feb 21 22:47:39 CET 2010

On 2/21/2010 13:57, Pierre Delore wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a transparency problem when I try to display a bitmap stored in a
> TImagList.
> The bitmap I want to display is a green arrow with a white background. I
> want to display it without transparency.
> With the code below the bitmap is displayed but the background is not
> white (it's a copy of a part of the screen). If I uncomment the 2 lines
> with the fillrect, the background is set to green.
>
> Any ideas?

one question that comes to my mind is if the actual image you are working with
carries the attribute that color X is transparent... there are many times that i
work with graphics and block out the entire background in some color that does
not exist anywhere else in the graphic and then set it as the transparent color
within the file... on some graphics, this may be a neon green or blue and in
others it may be white or black... it all depends but the point i'm making is
what the graphic contains and how those attributes may be being interpreted by
the code you are using...