[Lazarus] Custom panel-like TListBox list item

Charl van Jaarsveldt charlvj at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 03:03:33 CET 2010

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 09:19:06 -0300
Flávio Etrusco <flavio.etrusco at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2010/2/23 Mattias Gärtner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>:
> > Zitat von Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com>:
> >
>[...]
> While we're at it, Mattias, do you see a problem in storing
> (file&folder) paths (in configuration files) always with the same
> separator instead of changing depending on the platform it's saved?

All files and paths of lpi/lpk files use the path delimiter of the OS
where the lpi/lpk was created.
That means if you create a project under MS Windows, all paths use
'\' as path delimiter. When you open such a project under Linux the path
delimiters are changed (in mem, not on disk). But when you change
something and save the project the path delimiters are saved as MS
Windows path delimiters '\'.

Reasons:
1. This reduces diffs for example "svn diff".
2. It allows to use special characters. For example if the project is
only usable under Linux you can use backslashing.

Note:
For example the lpi stores this under ProjectOptions/PathDelim/Value.
Default is '/'.

Mattias