[Lazarus] debug windows layout

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 10:46:26 CET 2010

Juha Manninen wrote:

> Yes, Good!
>
> I guess tabbed windows is one option when docking windows. At least it should
> be. It allows to still keep the windows separate when needed.

But I don't know the state of docking support in the IDE. If docking
support is still months or years away, then I would still suggest merging
all debug windows into a single tabbed window.

The current debug windows could be changed to live inside a TFrame, and
placed inside a PageControl. Then when docking support actually arrives, we
can simply move each TFrame back into a dockable window so users can decide
 their desired layout.

But currently the multiple loose windows is a nightmare. Debug windows keep
being hidden under other windows.

> BTW, nice mockup. You actually created a program with page control using
> Lazarus, right?

Oops no. It's my fpGUI version of Lazarus IDE. ;-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/