[Lazarus] debug windows layout

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 08:18:28 CET 2010

Silvio Clecio wrote:

> Notice how hard it is to work with many windows scattered:
>
> http://imagebin.org/86466

My taskbar looks the same - totally useless. :-(  I'm normally a big fan of
SDI layouts, but when it comes to Lazarus IDE, there are just to many
forms. Maybe I need one of those 2x2 rack mount LCD monitor setups - so I
can use 4 desktops to layout my IDE windows. ;-)

Other simple things that could help is automatically hide windows when not
needed. eg: When you compile your project, show the Messages window. If no
compiler errors, auto hide the window. If errors occur, keep showing the
window. If you wanted to see what hints or warnings occurred during
compiling and after a successful compile, simply go "View -> Messages".

> Graeme, if you have any updates please send a copy to me in PVT.

>From the other replies by Mattias, Flavio and Hans-Peter, it seems docking
support in Lazarus IDE is still far into the future. So yes, I'll continue
and make the modification for now. If anybody wants to use the patch, I'll
post it in Mantis.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/