[Lazarus] Synedit requesting strange format from clipboard

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Fri Feb 26 11:44:48 CET 2010

On 26/02/2010 07:41, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It was reported in the MSEide mailing list that copying text from MSEide
> and trying to paste it into Lazarus Source Editor (synedit) doesn't work.
> Martin had a look at the issue and found the following.
>
> Could anybody explain the strange text format requested by SynEdit?
>
> ------------------------------------
> MSEide offers "UTF8_STRING", "COMPOUND_TEXT", "STRING" and "TEXT" (trunk
> 3560 has additionally "text/plain"), surprisingly Lazarus
> requests "Application/X-Laz-SynEdit-Tagged" which MSEgui can't provide.
> Copying from MSEide into Lazarus edit widgets works. Can you check why
> Lazarus requests "Application/X-Laz-SynEdit-Tagged" in source editor?

As Mattias explained the tagged format contains additional info, such as
selection-mode (eg column selection) and folding. The format is also
extentable for the future, if new features require info on the clipboard.

I am currently on holiday, and can't look at details. Does th problem
occur on all platforms/OS? Windows?

Martin