[Lazarus] Synedit requesting strange format from clipboard

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 14:29:00 CET 2010

Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> When the request for a special format fails, a client should request a
> more common format, e.g. UTF8_STRING, then STRING or TEXT.
>
> I wonder why this works on Windows, but not on your OS.

That is how Martin understands it should work too, but for some reason the
Lazarus Source Editor is not asking for other formats.

I don't really know Martin's code in MSEide&MSEgui so I don't know how he
implemented it, but as far as I understand, he does follow the ICCCM
guidelines.

Martin, myself and one other person tested under our various Linux distros
- not sure what Windows does.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/