[Lazarus] debug windows layout

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sun Feb 28 15:22:19 CET 2010

Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:

> Yes, Gnome's taskbar can group icons, but it simply stacks then in a
> submenu of a single button on the taskbar. When you click that taskbar
> button, it shows a "popup" window listing each window related to that
> task. Still useless.

The same for KDE :-(

BTW, Delphi uses a dedicated and invisible application window, in
addition to the application main window, that shows up in the Windows
task bar. It may be a matter of window classes or styles, so that all
user-defined forms are treated as child windows of the application
window, and as such never go into the taskbar. Other application windows
are minimized to the screen, not to the taskbar, like MDI child windows.

I'd assume that other window managers offer similar features. For KDE
it's sufficient to *hide* all forms (but the main form), when the
application is minimized. When only the main form really is *minimized*,
also only this form appears in the KDE taskbar.

DoDi