[Lazarus] Custom panel-like TListBox list item

Charl van Jaarsveldt charlvj at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 23:39:47 CET 2010

For example the list of emails in Outlook when you have the side-by-side
layout. It will show you who its from and the date at the top of the line -
left-aligned and right-aligned respectively, and the subject at the bottom
of the line. I find it a nifty idea to save some horizontal space. Here is
another example in a nice personal finance program called Buddi:
http://buddi.digitalcave.ca/images/screenshots/Transactions%20%28OS%20X%29.png

In Java Swing it is relatively easy: you create a cell renderer and tell the
list to use it to render the cells, so you create the renderer as a panel
with its own controls and layout, but Swing is much more
model-view-controller based. I was thinking the OnCustomDraw event
(something like that) can be used, but I have never used it before.

Charl

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 3:56 AM, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
> wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Feb 2010 20:38:36 -0500
> Charl van Jaarsveldt <charlvj at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I guess I can do that, but I really want the capabilities of a list -
>
> For example?
>
> Mattias
>
> --

"See first, think later, then test. But always see first. Otherwise you will
only see what you were expecting. Most scientists forget that." - Douglas
Adams