[Lazarus] Installing lazarus with fpc 2.4.0

Doug Chamberlin dougchamberlin at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 2 04:36:29 CET 2010

Looks like there are not yet any Lazarus install downloads ready that
contain fpc 2.4.0. That's what I'd like to start with, so I'm looking at
the best way to install Laz 0.9.28.2 with fpc 2.4.0.

I started installing lazarus but the dependency checking said it was
going to install a bunch of fp* packages that I assumed were older than
2.4.0 (since they were already in the Ubuntu distribution channel). So I
stopped.

I'm thinking if I first install fpc 2.4.0 and then install Lazarus
0.9.28.2 that the Laz install will see the existing fpc install and NOT
bring in some older fpc packages. Is that correct? I hope so, since
that's exactly what I want to happen. I'm just looking for some
confirmation that my assessment is reasonably correct.

--
Doug C.
-----