[Lazarus] Window body dragging

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 13:46:22 CET 2010

Thanks for all the great work that has gone into 2.4.0!

For my new year's resolution I'm going to commit to FPC and Lazarus. So,
I'm installing the latest in a fresh Ubuntu 9.10 VM and diving in. I'll
be pushing all this software hard and will probably be coming here for help.

First problem: I downloaded the 32bit Linux (fpc-2.4.0.i386-linux.tar)
and unpacked it into "~/ins/fpc 2.4.0" and ran "sudo ./install.sh".
Immediately I ran into a problem because the directory I was installing
from contained an embedded space in the name.

It really should be documented as a requirement to not have embedded
spaces. Or, better yet, the install script should be updated to allow
for them. Or, at least, the install script should be updated to detect
them and stop gracefully.

How can we get this done?

As far as I can see there is NO documentation in the installation
tarball. Just the install script. Can't a readme file be added with this
little detail?

--
Doug C.
-----