[Lazarus] lazarus.lpi

Paul Ishenin webpirat at mail.ru
Tue Jan 5 14:52:13 CET 2010

Juha Manninen wrote:
> How is one supposed to modify and debug Lazarus internals?
>
> Earlier I understood that the project lazarus.lpi is not meant for debugging
> and hence its compiler options has "compile", "build" and "run" turned off.

Open lazarus.lpi and press F9 - this is what I do. It does not recompile
anything (well, last month it recompiles codetools sometimes) - just
launch another IDE in the debugger.
> When changing the Build Lazarus dialog I included that unit in lazarus.lpi,
> enabled the compiler options and debugged with it. I didn't find any other way
> to do it (and didn't want to use command line GDB).

Yes. It would be nice to have attach to process debugger command
available in the IDE but currently lazarus does not have it althout gdb
supports this and debugs rather well.
> So, how do other people do it, if not using lazarus.lpi?

Opening lazarus.lpi and press F9 :)

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.