[Lazarus] Fwd: wishlist for new forum

Osvaldo Filho arquivostcf at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 17:39:48 CET 2010

On Tue, 05 Jan 2010 17:14:50 -0500, waldo kitty wrote about Re:
[Lazarus] Kylix 3 Open Edition:

> Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> > 2010/1/5 Mehmet Erol Sanliturk <sanliturk at ttmail.com>:
> >> In the following site
> >>
> >> http://download.borlandforum.com/kylix/
> >
> > I only noticed now, that version of Kylix 3 Open Edition is 333MB,
> > my download (which I originally got from Borland) is only 97MB.
>
> i can confirm the original tar.gz is only some 90M in size... i just
> hunted up the old mini-CD i saved it to when i downloaded it back
> around August 2003... i also have the 2nd update for it which is only
> 215K... IIRC, it includes the 1st update but i really don't recall at
> this time... sadly, i don't think i can get to my activation file
> which is on a very old 486 based linux server that's been dead for a
> number of years now :?
>
> i have to wonder what they have in their offering at borlandforum...
> maybe the sources to kylix? hummm... we'll find out in an hour or so
> as i'm pulling it now just to see ;)

Hi Mark,

My guess is that Borland/Inprise/Embarcadero/whatever developers have
statically linked the Qt support routines.

KDE and Qt have changed out of sight in the 6 or 7 years since Kylix
was alive.  I will bet dollars to doughnuts that the old binaries will
not run on a modern KDE system, so the old Qt libraries were simply
incorporated statically into some new binaries.

Of course, I could be wrong. ... :-)

[BTW, how is your card game coming along?  Contact me off-list if you
want some interesting code.]

Dave  [RLU #314465]