[Lazarus] Incorrect documentation for TCustomTreeView.TopItem

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Fri Jan 8 01:32:58 CET 2010

Vladimir Zhirov schrieb:

> I found a problem in documentation that I think should be reported.
[...]
> If there is more appropriate way to handle
> such problems please let me know.

I'm currently revising the documentation. If you can create an patch,
you can send it to me and I'll commit it, or you proceed in the usual
way, using the bug tracker.

I also could update the documentation of single items on the fly, but
this will result in uncontrollable patchwork. Instead I'd suggest that
you (or everybody else) reviews the entire documentation of a class, and
creates an patch for an update. Then it will be easier to distinguish
"raw" from reviewed documentation, so that other contributors can
concentrate on the improvement of the not yet reviewed documentation. I
should attach a note to every reviewed class description, with the date
and state of the review. In the final state the correctness of the
documentation should have been approved by the implementor of the class,
or by somebody else with the required knowledge about the implementation.

Poor English is not an excuse for not contributing to the documentation,
I'll try to improve the supplied texts, if necessary. If some native
English speaker(s) will fix my own flaws, they are invited to review the
existing documentation as well.

DoDi