[Lazarus] Generated files in revision control

Juha Manninen juha.manninen at phnet.fi
Fri Jan 8 14:52:00 CET 2010

Luca Olivetti escreveu:
> En/na Michael Van Canneyt ha escrit:
>>

>> On Tue, 5 Jan 2010, Matt Shaffer wrote:
>>
>>> I thought I would just do a little update. I've been successfully
>>> able to write now, BUT, I don't believe the SQLdb components were
>>> really keeping SQLite in mind (the
>>> db I'm using). You see, Lazarus opens a connection to the SQLite
>>> database, preventing my app that's running (for debugging purposes)
>>> from writing. So I have to build
>>> the app, close Lazarus, then run my app... Should I file a bug
>>> report for this?
>>
>> No.
>>
>> It is a limitation of sqlite.
>
> Then why zeosdbo has no such issue?

It seems that Sqldb is keeping an transaction open even for reading
(Select) the data. I don't know in other DB, but in sqlite is not
necessary the transaction to read data.

It's possible to have multiple connections reading the data at the same
time. Write blocks other connections from accessing the db.

Luiz