[Lazarus] Groundwork for Undo in Form Designer

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 23:19:00 CET 2010

2010/1/16 Vincent Snijders <vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl>:

> It did not happen to me. I spent several days to get reasonably[1] working
> git repo, so I could use git as a client on the Lazarus svn repo, and I
> failed.

Not to rehash and old thread, but there is a big difference between
the "convenience of Git wrapping a SVN repository" and a native true
Git repository. With the first option, it is for convenience only
(full history, search history, local commits, local branches etc.
[1]), but you still loose a huge amount of the true Git features (all
the previous features, plus use speed increase in pulling/pushing,
much better branch history etc.). So never compare the two usages as
the same thing. A native Git repository is very different in
functionality.

[1]. Downsides of Git wrapping SVN repository: Slow communication
speed, linear history only, etc...

  - Graeme -