[Lazarus] Groundwork for Undo in Form Designer

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl
Sun Jan 17 09:20:56 CET 2010

Graeme Geldenhuys schreef:
> 2010/1/16 Vincent Snijders <vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl>:
>> It did not happen to me. I spent several days to get reasonably[1] working
>> git repo, so I could use git as a client on the Lazarus svn repo, and I
>> failed.
>
> Not to rehash and old thread, but there is a big difference between
> the "convenience of Git wrapping a SVN repository" and a native true
> Git repository. With the first option, it is for convenience only
> (full history, search history, local commits, local branches etc.
> [1]), but you still loose a huge amount of the true Git features (all
> the previous features, plus use speed increase in pulling/pushing,
> much better branch history etc.). So never compare the two usages as
> the same thing. A native Git repository is very different in
> functionality.

I understand, but that it is nonsense to recommand git based on reports,
reviews on using a native git reporitory to people who want to
contribute to Lazarus, because then they have to comminucate to a SVN
server somehow. So I admit: "Git is wonderful, as long as you don't want
to use it with Lazarus SVN on windows".

Vincent