[Lazarus] Lazarus on Tiny Core Linux

ajv ajv at vogelaar-electronics.com
Sun Jan 17 12:18:40 CET 2010

Hello,

I would appreciate some help with getting a Lazarus application running
under Linux.
I use the minimal distribution Tiny Core Linux.
My Lazarus application shows graphics and text.
All graphics are shown correctly but the text characters are rectangles.

To get the application running I installed all required libraries (see
below).
After installing the libraries I got the message:
run pango-querymodules > '/etc/pango/i386/pango.modules'
I ran #pango-querymodules-32 > /etc/pango/i386/pango.modules
   this created the file but it contains no data, comments only
As stated above, the Lazarus application is running fine for graphics but
   text is presented as rectangles.
The message printed to the console before the GUI starts is:

Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".

(show_fonts:2271): Pango-CRITICAL **: No modules found:
No builtin or dynamically loaded modules were found.
PangoFc will not work correctly.
This probably means there was an error in the creation of:
  '/etc/pango/i386/pango.modules'
You should create this file by running:
  pango-querymodules > '/etc/pango/i386/pango.modules'

(show_fonts:2271): Pango-WARNING **: failed to choose a font, expect
ugly output. engine-type='PangoRenderFc', script='latin'

(show_fonts:2271): Pango-WARNING **: failed to choose a font, expect
ugly output. engine-type='PangoRenderFc', script='common'

Installed additional libraries:
=====================
libatk-1.0.so.0@
libatk-1.0.so.0.2809.1*