[Lazarus] Lazarus on Tiny Core Linux

Juha Manninen juha.manninen at phnet.fi
Sun Jan 17 15:45:26 CET 2010

> I use the minimal distribution Tiny Core Linux.
> My Lazarus application shows graphics and text.

The problem is some missing library or module, related to Pango, but I have no
idea which one.
Did you try running other GTK2 programs?
Pango or Tiny Core Linux forums would be better places for this question.

In my opinion, minimal distros like Tiny Core Linux are not suitable for what
you are doing now. It is like asking for trouble (which you have got already).
GTK2 library + all required libs is a big amount of SW. When you install all
that, your system is not so tiny any more. Why not install some mainstream
distro with less effort and concentrate on "useful" challenges.

Minimal distros can be useful as a dedicated server. They can revive an old,
otherwise obsolete PC.

I also like optimized code but with desktop GUI programs it is a difficult
goal. For example, some people use a light, optimized window manager. Then
they open Firefox and OpenOffice. After that, who cares if window manager is
light and optimized.

Regards,
Juha Manninen