[Lazarus] Groundwork for Undo in Form Designer

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 22:47:35 CET 2010

2010/1/17 Juha Manninen <juha.manninen at phnet.fi>:
> The same problem of course remains with SVN branch: Who will have time to
> check it.

That is a problem and quite annoying sometimes - but I do understand
everybody is busy. I have also created patches before and it simply
lies there for months and get forgotten. Unfortunately most of my
patches is to fix something in Lazarus that REALLY bugs me.

At least now with my Git managed Lazarus repository, I have various
"home improvement" branches. I can which to a clean "trunk" at any
time and merge each of my own "home improvement" branches as I need
the various features. If nobody else was interested in those fixes or
improvements - tough sh*t for them, at least my Lazarus copy is how I
like it. :-)

> And yes, Git seems really cool but I guess it starts to shine with huge
> projects with hundreds of contributors.

I really don't understand why people think that? Could you explain why
you do? I often write small projects and me being the only developer -
Git works perfectly and doesn't get in the way at all. Git works in
exactly the same way with big or small projects, 1 or 1000
contributors.

  - Graeme -