[Lazarus] Groundwork for Undo in Form Designer

Florian Klaempfl florian at freepascal.org
Sun Jan 17 22:50:15 CET 2010

Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:
> 2010/1/17 Florian Klaempfl <florian at freepascal.org>:
>> completely meaning and useless output like "Updating a3bdad8..fad6345".
>
> It's all in the mind - looking at projects like KDE etc r350575 also
> doesn't tell me much plus you can't even use such large revision
> numbers as a Windows build number

FPC and Lazarus are not KDE and r350575..r350699 is still more
descriptive than some useless chars of a hash.

>> For a small project, I tried once mercurial and learned that it is much
>> more work. One easily gets lost with all those cloned repositories none
>
> Probably because Mercurial uses separate directory trees for each
> branch - Git uses the same directory structure for all branches.

I did not talk about branches, just repositories on different machines.

>> nothing does prevent users from committing and pushing a full diff due
>> to f.... up line feeds.
>
> Like SubVersion is immune to that! I constantly have to fix EOL meta
> information or patch a file simply to fix EOL characters in files -
> all this in SubVersion repositories. (yes I still work on project that
> use SubVersion) If SubVersion developers don't setup there SVN clients
> correctly, they can just as easily commit files with incorrect EOL
> characters.

No, they cannot (well, they can if they are cankered, but not by
accident): just install a pre-commit hook and check if properties are
set, nobody can commit then with wrong line ending by accident due to
missing properties.