[Lazarus] Lazarus on Tiny Core Linux

ajv ajv at vogelaar-electronics.com
Mon Jan 18 10:04:54 CET 2010

Thank you all for your reply.

I want to run a Lazarus GTK2 application within a minimal linux embedded
systems with
1 GB flash, 256 MB Ram en 500 MHz VIA cpu.
I searched for live distributions, not writing to flash. Till now I used
the Slax distribution.
For a new project it had an unacceptable boot time of 3 minutes = 180
seconds.
I went to Tiny Core Linux running in RAM = fast.

Now my Lazarus application is running on Tiny Core Linux.
OS    :  23.9 MByte
Libs :   5.1 MByte   -->  Total 29 MByte
Boot time power-on  till grub : 12 sec
Boot time grub till GUI : 25 sec  --> total 37 sec
Start time Lazarus applicatie 2.8 MB : 7 sec

Boot time improvement 180 --> 37 Sec = 80%

Do you really think a mainstream distribution with fpGUI can beat this?

Anton Vogelaar