[Lazarus] Groundwork for Undo in Form Designer

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 10:24:55 CET 2010

Florian Klaempfl wrote:
> Do you volounteer to maintain solely the fixes
> branch so that we can adapt our workflow to the needs of git ;)?

I already do for FPC and Lazarus - have a look at my repositories on
GitHub. The fixes branches in both those projects are "native git" style by
using cherry-pick. That means the original commit is simply referenced in
the fixes branch which results in complete intact history and much reduced
repository size.

What takes Vincent 30 minutes in Lazarus SVN fixes branch takes me around 5
minutes with Git. We timed merge sets before, so it's not values I'm
sucking out of my thumb.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/