[Lazarus] Groundwork for Undo in Form Designer

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 10:45:06 CET 2010

Juha Manninen wrote:

> I must comment on this because I did not experience such slowness with SVN.
> My SVN usage is very basic but I did svn diff for many files for my patch, one
> of them being main.pp.
> It was fast, maybe 2 or 3 seconds, using command line in my oldish PC.

That only compares against the large revision (which is inside the hidden
.svn directories on you system) - which explains the speed.

Doing a diff against older revisions or 'svn blame' on a file or doing a
show log (eg: changes made in January 2009 or Lazarus repository) it needs
to access the server and this is horribly slow in SubVersion!

Every Monday I update the "fixes" branches in the Git mirror repositories
for FPC and Lazarus. I ask svn2.freepascal.org for a commit log between
HEAD and the last revision (previous Monday)... I then go make a cup of
coffee and often by the time I get back, it just completed the task. In
Git, any such actions are <1 second.

> Linux seems to work better for everything. :-)

Nope, I use SubVersion under Linux too. It still sucks! :)

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/