[Lazarus] Lazarus on Tiny Core Linux

Juha Manninen juha.manninen at phnet.fi
Mon Jan 18 11:09:46 CET 2010

Hi!

> I want to run a Lazarus GTK2 application within a minimal linux embedded
> systems

Why do you want to use GTK2 in your minimal, otherwise highly optimized
system? GTK2 is big. It doesn't make sense.

> Do you really think a mainstream distribution with fpGUI can beat this?

I think you confuse things now. Mainstream distributions already have big
libraries like GTK2. They are not minimal systems. Thus, Graeme's light fpGUI
library (or toolkit, whatever) doesn't give so much benefit on those distros.
For your system it sounds like a perfect match though.
I never used it myself so I can't recommend it personally but I understood it
is used in "real" commercial SW.

Regards,
Juha Manninen