[Lazarus] Build/Rebuild lazarus with components

Paul Ishenin ip at kmiac.ru
Mon Jan 18 11:18:43 CET 2010

18.01.2010 17:08, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>> I noticed also that lazarus.exe hasn't the icon, how to associate it to the exe?
>
> It is already compiled in.
> Maybe Paul can answer this?

Windows uses built-in icon automatically. On linux you need to assign
project ico file to desktop shortcut manually. I don't know if this can
be automated since even kde and gnome requires different actions for that.

On OSX we are thinking about the possibility to automatically generate a
bundle with .icns inside - then OSX will show application using that icon.

>> Finally, how to automatically strip lazarus.exe? It is 119Mb... :)
>
> Add to your script:
> strip --strip-all lazarus.exe

There are other possibilities too. Compiler can strip if -Xs is passed
but I remember some conflicts with -g options. You can also ask fpc to
separate debug info from the executable using -Xg switch. I can be wrong
but as I remember -Xg works correctly starting from fpc 2.4.0

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin.