[Lazarus] Lazarus Book

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Mon Jan 18 21:24:14 CET 2010

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 6:37 AM, Michael Van Canneyt
> <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
>> I have sort of obtained permission to publish it in english, but
>> translating 600+ pages is not easily done.
>
> Great! I didn't know about it.
>
> One thing that should make it easier is that most originals are in
> english, so you can start with those originals and only translate what
> was changed in the german version. It will still be a huge amount, but
> much less.

The German version is quite different from the original english version.
I've had numerous revisions mailed to me. (today again 2)

Let's first get the German version finished, that will be hard enough.
I've spent already far more time on this book than I ever imagined.

Then I'll talk again to the editors: I said 'sort of obtained' in my
original mail: That means that nothing is fixed or decided yet; So
all this is highly unofficial and completely subject to the decision
of the editors.

Michael.