[Lazarus] Delphi mode syntax error

Roland Turcan konf at rotursoft.sk
Tue Jan 19 11:14:16 CET 2010

G'day all,

Simple question. When I compile my applications against the lcl, is there an easy way to compile out
all the various debugln() calls?

I had a cursory look at lcl/lclproc.pas where they are defined, but nothing obvious jumped out at
me. If the debugln() routines were re-defined to empty procedures, would the compiler optimise the
calls away and not compile in all the text strings also?

2 Reasons for this. First is space. I was simply interested in seeing how much space this stuff
consumed.

Second is noise on the console when the applications are running. Synedit in particular is quite
picky about its unicode characters, and can get quite noisy when invalid combinations are fed to it,
although it appears to cope quite well.

Regards,
Brad
--
Dolphins are so intelligent that within a few weeks they can
train Americans to stand at the edge of the pool and throw them