[Lazarus] cross-distro (and OS) app installation - what would you like?

stoppok at muenster.de stoppok at muenster.de
Wed Jan 20 18:02:42 CET 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 04:41:48PM +0200, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> stoppok at muenster.de wrote:
> >
> > I'd recommend to use the same syntax as inno-setup.
>
> By that you mean the *.iss file?
>   eg: <lazarus>/tools/install/win/lazarus.iss

Exactly.

> >   * fully documented
>
> :-)  Our setup.xml is already full documented (yeah, programmers that
> document. WTF??) and the elements used are pretty self describing.

OK, I thought you are still in the early stages of evaluation.

Concerning XML:

>From my point of view XML has it's advantages but is often used where
other alternatives are easier and/or better. I prefer ini-files when it
comes to configuration-files and in the case of Inno-setup with it's
scripting language I'm really glad that they use ini-files.

regards,

  Stefan

Absender:                                          Kommunikation :
iret GmbH                                          web  : www.iret.de
Stefan Hille                                       email: stefan.hille at iret.de
Paul-Engelhard-Weg 50a                             voice: +49 251 615138
D-48167 Muenster                                   fax:   +49 251 617631

Vollstaendige Firmenbezeichnung

iret Gesellschaft zur Entwicklung elektronischer Steuerungen mbH
Höltenweg 103
48155 Münster

Amtsgericht Münster, HRB 3724
Geschäftsführer: Renate Rittmeyer-Müller
                 Stefan Hille