[Lazarus] CSV parser class

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 07:39:59 CET 2010

2010/1/22 Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org>:
>> Have you seen the built-in CSV support in TStrings?
>
> Or the TSDFDataset class in sdfdata ?

Or the two different implementations in tiOPF project.  :)

Anyway, to get your code in the CCR, I normally email Vincent the code
in private.

Thought I must say, I don't really see the point of the CCR. Many of
those projects need to be maintained, and just having releases without
revision control systems is pretty stupid in this day and age.

One good example of this is DCPCrypt. I'm now "unofficially"
maintaining DCPCrypt because we use it in our company software, but I
simply don't have the time to keep making releases after every little
change for the CCR site. I even get patches emailed to me in private.
So what's on the CCR site is 99% of the time outdated. Each of those
downloadable components/projects should really have each their own
repository. I'm considering moving DCPCrypt to GitHub - that way at
least everybody will be able to get the lastest changes as they
happen. GitHub also allows you to download a tarball of the latest
revisions of each branch without the need to explicitly create
releases or having Git installed on your system.

  - Graeme -